Re: radeon driver updates for mac laptops

I've re-added debian-powerpc.

On 10/3/07, Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Alex Deucher schrieb am Tue 02. Oct, 13:35 (-0400):
> > >
> > > I've an iBook G4 and have installed the ati driver from Debian
> > > experimental. (Nearly) All works fine. I didn't had to add the MacModel
> > > option to xorg.conf and only had to remove the HorizSync and VertRefresh
> > > entries from the device sections of the internal display.
> >
> > hmmm, so it worked out of the box without a ConnectorTable option or
> > MacModel option?
>
> Yes.
>
> > That would imply that your ibook has yet another connector set up.
>
> Oh, said to hear this.
>
> > Can you send me your xorg config and log so that I can verify the
> > output setup on your system?
>
> Yes, I've appended them.

So the vga port works properly huh?  It seems you indeed have yet
another connector table.  it seems to work fine with the default
table, so I don't know whether it makes sense to add another ibook
quirk or just leave it with the default set up.

Regarding the panel issue you mentioned, if you set option "MacModel"
"ibook" does turning off the panel work properly?  This will break
your vga port while it's enabled, but it should help sort out the
panel issue.

Alex