Re: fonts in xorg

* Gustav Gepard <gustav_gepard@yahoo.no> [2007-08-31 15:19:12 CEST]:
> I'm trying to get better font resolutions on websites that I visit. Many
> fonts seem hard and pixilated, such as on Debian's home page. How can I
> optimise xorg for better font rendering?

 Font problems aren't really powerpc specific - you might want to
discuss that on debian-user instead.  That said, you should check what
*font* and *ttf* packages you have installed.  I suggest to install at
least xfonts-scalable, xfonts-base and xfonts-*dpi which should get you
to a decent state.

 Hope that helps,
Rhonda