Re: radeon driver updates for mac laptops

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 08:51:35AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 21:12 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> >
> > - The output is cloned to the external output (this is what I want), but
> >   the resolution is not adaptad to the capabilities of the beamer. Older
> >   versions of the ati driver did automatically lower the resolution.
>
> If you mean that the resolution of the internal LCD was limited to the
> resolution of the external display, that was a bug. :)

Yes, thats what I meant.

> This driver allows you to change the output configurations on the fly
> with xrandr.

After some more experimentation I discoverd that myself. It is mostly
working as intended. The only remaining bug is, that if I switch the
DVI-0 output to "1024x768" (60Hz) the beamer does not correctly detect the
resolution and switches to a higher resolution and 30Hz. I don't know
for sure if this is a problem with the hardware of the beamer or the
driver, but the problem does not exist on OS X.

Another bug that I just discoverd is, that after a suspend to ram the
driver now thinks that all three connecters are connected while only the
internal LCD is connected right now.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.