Re: radeon driver updates for mac laptops

On mer, 2007-08-29 at 23:36 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> Those of you with radeon based mac laptops please test the latest code
> in that ati git tree.  I recently added connector table and quirk
> information for mac laptops.  You will need at least xserver 1.3 and a
> recent version of xrandr (1.2.2 preferred) to test.
>
> As far as I can tell there are three apple laptop variants:
>
> ibook                              - LVDS, TVDAC drives TV or VGA via
> dongle
> powerbook-duallink   - LVDS, TV, External TMDS/Primary DAC
> powerbook                   - LVDS, TV, Internal TMDS/Primary DAC
>
> To test, add:
>
> Option "MacModel" "<string>"
>
> to the device section of your xorg config where <string> is one of the
> following:
> ibook
> powerbook-duallink
> powerbook

I've successfully built the driver and tried it. xrandr recognises it,
and it detects correctly my output monitor, I can switch it on/off with
xrandr --auto, and it works as "cloned". I don't seem to be able to move
it to right (or left) using --right-of:

corsac@hidalgo: xrandr --output DVI-0 --mode 1024x768 --right-of LVDS
xrandr: screen cannot be larger than 1280x1280 (desired size 2304x854)

Any advice?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis