Re: Sven Luther removed from the debian-kernel project

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 03:04:22PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi team members, hi Sven
>
> We, the admins and core team members of the debian-kernel project,

Who are the admins and core team members of the debian-kernel project,
and where did you discuss and decide that ?

> decided to remove Sven Luther from the kernel project.

And whyever that ? Do you have a single reason for this action ?

> The problems between Sven and the remain of the team did not decrease in

Can you tell me what those problems are ?

> the last months. He decided to ignore a Nack on the Efika-patchset
> lately.

Well, the nack was not justified, neither was any communication
happening, and it is basically you and maximilian who decided this
without any argumentation.

I remember you that one of the arguments you gave (the abi change) once
investigated, did not end up being as problematic as your initial NACK
suggested.

You also refused the PS3 patches, even though the linux/sony guys are
actively working on upstreaming those, and the patches are all neatly
separated in little patches.

> Some of us even ignore him on IRC.
> Bastian on behalf of the kernel team

The problems are also due on big part due to the total lack of
communication of you guys.

Really sad that this happen, it is yet one more backstabbing from a team
i considered the members to be close friends once, and with whom we
achieved a lot when i had an active leadership role.

Sadly,

Sven Luther