Re: PReP booting

Hermann Kaiser wrote:

On Aug 15, 2007, at 4:19 PM, Greg Trigg wrote:

Which RS6000 model is this ? a PReP one or a CHRP one ?

It is a 44P-170.  I'm 90% positive it's a PReP model.  It's power3.

A 7044P170 is definitely a CHRP machine. Power3 is 64 Bit and all of them are CHRP.

Whoops!  Well, that could be a problem.<understatement>

I guess I better install yaboot. I feel like I'm close. Anyways, I'm making progress and that's far better than being stuck with a mis configured AIX system. Thanks for that valuable bit of information. One step closer.

Greg