Re: PowerBook G4 screen in Debian not as bright as Mac OS X or OpenBSD

> I think your system uses the new SysFS Brightness interface which has
> 128 or maybe 256 brightness steps on your system. You could check this
> with the program Powerprefs, go to the display page (light bulb) and
> check which "Driver" is currently active in pbbuttonsd to control the
> display brightness.

Thanks for the quick response.

I installed 'powerprefs' from aptitude and followed your instructions. A few
points from the display page.

 * Under LCD Tab: Current Brightness Level: 100%
 * Under Options: Simply has framebuffer options

I tried looking at other places but I can't seem to find the place where it
displays Driver information. I installed it from the stable branch. Maybe the
version is outdated?

Also, I've read something about pommed package available in testing and
unstable. Do you have any experiences with that?

Thanks,
Amit