PowerBook G4 screen in Debian not as bright as Mac OS X or OpenBSD

Hey guys,

I have Debian 'etch' installed on this system and my God it is a beautiful
system. It gives life back into this old baby. No major issues at all. Great job
by the developers!

However, I have a small issue with the brightness level. I had OpenBSD (4.1) and
Mac OS X (10.4) installed at one point and the brightness level was much higher
than what I have here in Debian. I installed pbbuttonsd and brightness keys were
working but still can't get it as bright as OpenBSD or OS X. Searching the ppc
mailinglist suggest the use of ikeys to give 15 brightness levels? But checking
aptitude it seems that this package is out of date and would conflict with the
installed pbbuttonsd.

Any suggestions? Any one have similar experiences?

Thanks!

Amit