Re: ibook g4 modem

Magnus Rosenbaum un jour écrivit:
Typhoon wrote:
Using the Gnome Networking application under Administration, it can't
autodetect any modem device. And setting the ttyXX devices by hand does
no good.

I have a iBook G4 12" 1,33GHz (mid 2005), I don't know which model you
exacly have. AFAIK the modem is not usable from Linux and it is not a
serial device.

Actually, the real problem is that It is a soft modem or something like that (just like a WinModem) for which we don't have the specs. But LinuxAnt is selling a driver for 20$ and is also providing another, slower one, for free.

Don't complain to them: at least they did provide a working driver while having only little hope for making any decent profit with the PPC plateform.

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hcf/index.php
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/

If you don't want to buy one, then you will have to download the driver and recompile It. It is the third driver if you start from the end.

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hcf/full/downloads.php

I didn't compiled It recently, so I cannot confirm if It still works. I remember that It did works with YellowDog, but I didn't used this distribution for a while.

Simon Valiquette