Re: new appletouch alpha version

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 01:36:00PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Cute. That sucks. What do you mean with "doesn't do input device
> grabbing as it should" though? For me it grabs the input device when you
> go into X and releases it when you switch to a console or such.

It doesn't use the return value of ioctl(EVIOCGRAB) in eventcomm.c,
other than giving an error message. It just takes the first device that
looks like a touchpad and wants to use it. Because inputd grabs all
input devices and creates virtual ones using uinput, that approach
fails. Synaptics should look for the first ungrabbed touchpad like
device, or allow the user to filter out certain names (in case of
inputd, that filter could be '^\[inputd\] ').

Greets,
Michael