etch/powerbook G4 wlan/wpa not working

Hello,

I don't get wlan with wpa working on my powerbook g4 with etch.

This is the lspci output:

0001:10:12:0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)

This is my /etc/network/interfaces file:

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
    wpa-sriver  wext
    wpa-roam    /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface office inet dhcp

iface anywhere inet dhcp

This is my /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
    id_str="office"
    ssid="gh-office-wlan"   # = airport network name
    psk="64-byte hex-string obtained with wpa_passphrase"
}

network={
    id_str="anywhere"
    ssid=""
    key_mgmt=NONE
}

The network-admin says "wireless network eth2 active" but under
properties, the network is not selected. It appears in the pop-up menu
though and I can select it, but afterwards ping returns "network unreachable".
There is no wpa_action.log file in /var/log.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

    G. Heinrich