Re: [FYI] hibernate on G5

The messed up screen seems to be partly an error with the nv driver or nvidiafb. Issuing the command "echo disk > /sys/power/state" with xserver running results in the same error.

However, with xserver stopped I get this response from the hibernate command:

Stopping task... done
Shrinking memory... done (0 pages free)
Freed 0 kbytes in 0.06 seconds (0.00MB/s)
Suspending console(s)

Unfortunately at this point the system locks up, the text above remains on the screen, and after a short while the fans spin up to full speed.

I'm not sure what's going on. :(

Torrance