Re: macmini G4 sound trouble

--- Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> ha scritto:

> I have a Mac Mini, and sound works flawlessly here.
> The system was
> reinstalled from scratch four days ago:

did you install the daily or weekly build?

> # uname -a
> Linux mac 2.6.18-4-powerpc #1 Mon Mar 26 09:11:14
> CEST 2007 ppc GNU/Linux
>
> I don't have any alsa-* packages installed.

under edgy alsa-* packages were installed

> What are you doing exactly to test sound?

when i click on the gnome volume panel applet, it
gives me an error abouts a wrong gstreamer plugin
and/or the right kernel module is not loaded,
moreover, alsaconf does not detect any sound card

> Does installing oss-compat improve things? (It
> helped me in the past,
> but apparently I don't need it anymore).

installed oss-compat but no change :-(

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html