Re: changing mac address of Sun GEM

At Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:29:34 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> No, the driver doesn't implement it. Should be trivial to add though.

Ok.  I gave this a try by looking at the initialisation code for the
card and at the code for setting the mac address in other drivers.  I
have something that seems to work, but that is most likely not 'good',
since I basically just write the values in the correct registers and
don't care about anything else.  In any case, after changing it with
"macchanger", "ifconfig" shows the new mac address.  "macchanger" did
however complain that it could not change the mac address.

Comments?

Ruben