Re: changing mac address of Sun GEM
- To: Ruben Vandeginste <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: changing mac address of Sun GEM
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:29:34 +1100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 19:59 +0100, Ruben Vandeginste wrote:
> Is it possible to change the MAC address of the ethernet card in an
> iBook G4 ?
> I tried to use "macchanger" like this (obviously with an other mac
> guava ~ # macchanger --mac 00:00:00:00:00:00 eth0
> Current MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00 (unknown)
> ERROR: Can't change MAC: interface up or not permission: Device or resource busy
> The eth0 interface is down and I am executing this as root.
> Someone knows why this is not working?
No, the driver doesn't implement it. Should be trivial to add though.