Sound Trouble on ibook g4 (mid 2005)

Hi all,

I'm expiriencing some problem with alsa on a fresh installation of sid-ppc on
my ibook g4.

I've tried without success with alsaconf and even with manual modprobe, but i
can't get the soundcard work with alsa...

alsaconf seems to run fine but after the configuration i get this output:

>Tarja:/home/mind# alsaconf
>Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-powermac snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss
snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc.
>Building card database...
>

>Running update-modules...
>Setting default volumes...
>amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such device
>Saving the mixer setup used for this in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.
>/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1254: No soundcards found...

> Now ALSA is ready to use.
> For adjustment of volumes, use your favorite mixer.
>
> Have a lot of fun!

i'm using the last stock kernel in sid (2.6.18-4-powerpc) and i've installed
the following alsa-related packages:

>ii  alsa-base	1.0.13-3	ALSA driver configuration files
>ii  alsa-oss	1.0.12-1	ALSA wrapper for OSS applications
>ii  alsa-tools 1.0.13-1        Console based ALSA utilities for specific ha
>ii  alsa-utils 1.0.13-2        ALSA utilities
>ii  libsdl1.2debian-alsa 1.2.11-8 Simple DirectMedia Layer (with X11 and ALSA

my user is in the 'audio' group, but i still get
>alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device
error.

Before the new installation, the card worked fine here, i've checked the old
config with the new, but they are *identical*...

I don't know where bang my head :)

Thanks in advance

Francesco

--