Re: powerbook wakeup/boot display issue

Hi,

> The powerbook sleeps fine I think, but probably about 50% of the time,
> on wake-up, the display freezes with a black screen and then slowly
> begins to "bleach" white and purple from the top. Obviously I shut down
> immediately as this looks dangerous.

I've been told that this is completely harmless as it's just what
happens when the LCD is off but the backlight still turned on for some
reason, which causes the screen to go completely white after all the
crystals clear out.

I don't really have a fix for it. What happens if you switch VTs a few
times when it happens?

johannes