Re: [FYI] debian-installer for SONY PS3

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 09:48 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> It occurs to me that this might be of interest here. The rest of the
> thread is in debian-boot.

As noticed in his message, there are 2 major issues:

 - Kernel. Right now, we really only have this 2.6.16 port done by Sony,
which is somewhat limitative ;-) There is some work in progress to
rebase the port and merge it upstream properly, but that takes time and
will not be ready for a couple of monthes yet at best I reckon (stuff
happens on #cell on oftc)

 - Bootloader. Kboot is really not a terrific option at this point,
especially since every distro ends up doing it's own hacked version of
it incompatible with each other that needs to be flashed in the ps3.
That's why I've started working with jk on a proper graphical
bootloader, though it will require to sync with distros as we'll need
something better than the current kboot-type config files (though I'll
try to make it compatible with existing stuff).

Nothing ready to show there but it's being worked on.

Ben.