Re: Migrating from iMac/powerpc to iMac/intel

Hi,

On Sunday 31 December 2006 04:02, Eduardo Trápani wrote:
> I just wrote to debian-users because I need to move a whole debian box
> from a powerpc iMac to an intel pc.  The problem is that there seems to
> be platform specific files in use and that means that simply
> reinstalling packages and copying /etc will not be enough.

You need to identifiy those files that _seem_ to be platform specific.

From my experience there are basically none. When my ibook broke, I installed
the same packages on a i386 laptop, copied the configuration files and /home
and kept working :-)

"bacially none" because the bootloader config is different and I used a
different partitioning, so fstab was different too...

Stuff in /usr/local is likely to be platform specific, too. But not in /etc.

regards,
	Holger