Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 12:48:31AM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Hello Denis,
>
> Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> wrote:
> > Oh, and you could also add Unicode quote characters U201E/U201C
> > (doublelowquotemark, leftdoublequotemark) to the German layout,
> > for instance on v/b keys which use to have quotation marks.
>
> Or put it on ^ where it is on OS X 10.4: ^ ° „ “

Sure, this was only an example for PC keyboards, I have no idea about
Mac keyboards.  At the moment, notsign is on the 3rd level of this key.

> I saw your layout differs very much from the one used by OS X. I don't
> know how constant the layout from one version to the other is or if Apple
> change it regulary. Do you wan't to keep compatibility as much as
> possible?

There is no such thing as *my* layout ;)
Layouts come from upstream, and basically upstream makes changes when
they are requested by bugreports and look reasonable.  So if you want
a Mac OS X layout, please file a bug report
 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xkeyboard-config

Denis