Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 12:31:49AM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > About your other changes, if you want to modify pc105 German layout,
> > please discuss with other German people, not on this list only.
>
> They may vote as they like ... All I hope is that they at least do
> vote .. :)

I should have mentioned that earlier, but it is very unlikely that
changes in symbols/de will go into Etch.  This is different for Mac
layouts, since they were broken, I have no problem with changing
them again, the result cannot be worse than was in sarge ;)

Oh, and you could also add Unicode quote characters U201E/U201C
(doublelowquotemark, leftdoublequotemark) to the German layout,
for instance on v/b keys which use to have quotation marks.
Please file a bug upstream when you reach a consensus with other
German people:
 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xkeyboard-config
Thanks.

Denis