Re: no go for me with serial console, bug 364637 - WAS: Xserver G5 usb keyboard not loaded ...

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:24:20AM -0400, Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr] wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>   > >
>   > > Do you have a reference the broken serial driver?  Is it specific
>   > > to 2.6.16-1?
>   >
>   > I don't remember, now that i think of it, it is possible you who mentioned it.
>   >
>   > Can you try booting a d-i image using the net-console trick,and access it with
>   > a ssh connection ? Like they do on s390 ? I did this once a year or so back.
>   >

> Is this in the debian docs, or is there a reference somewhere to how
> to do it?  If not, can you just give me a quick overview so I can
> figure out how to do it?

the debian-installer documentation used to have some (incomplete) guidelines
to do this, not sure where they are now. The s390 installer guide sahould help
you since they have neither display nor serial console.

> I know SuSE provides this via linuxrc, but I was not aware that debian
> did something similar.

Well, it is a d-i feature, you use preseeding together with the ssh remote
console.

Friendly,

Sven Luther