Re: no go for me with serial console, bug 364637 - WAS: Xserver G5 usb keyboard not loaded ...

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Sven Luther wrote:

  > > Do you have a reference the broken serial driver?  Is it specific
  > > to 2.6.16-1?
  >
  > I don't remember, now that i think of it, it is possible you who mentioned it.
  >
  > Can you try booting a d-i image using the net-console trick,and access it with
  > a ssh connection ? Like they do on s390 ? I did this once a year or so back.

Is this in the debian docs, or is there a reference somewhere to how
to do it?  If not, can you just give me a quick overview so I can
figure out how to do it?

I know SuSE provides this via linuxrc, but I was not aware that debian
did something similar.

Thanks,
Toni

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                   harbaugh@abcc.ncifcrf.gov
System Administrator
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center (ABCC)
National Cancer Institute
Contractor - SAIC/Frederick