Re: XEN...if ever? -- MOL on 2.6

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:00:04PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:

> The author (and upstream maintainer) of MOL died about a year or so

Just a clarification, Jens was only the debian maintainer of MOL, not the
upstream author of it, which is Samuel Rydh. Unless something happened to
Samuel Rydh too (which could explain his MIAness), but this would be a sad
coincidence.

> Also, see http://maconlinux.org/news.html which claims that "Mar 21,
> 2004 Mac-on-Linux 0.9.70 is out!" and lists as part of the new features
> "• Support for the 2.6 kernel".  Admittedly, "Support for the 2.6
> kernel" is ambiguous -- it may mean MOL runs on a 2.6 kernel, or it may
> mean a 2.6 kernel runs on MOL.  I have no personal experience with it.

I said clearly the problem is with running a linux 2.6 kernel on top of mol,
which meant running it inside mol, not as host system.

Friendly,

Sven Luther