Re: Linux md & mac partition scheme

Hi,

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:03:20 +0100
Sascha Frey <sfrey@ti.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> I want to boot from this (root fs) array, so I can't set it up using a
script at boot time.
> {...}
> Maybe the kernel does not recognize the raid partitions, because the
> type is not set correctly.
> I used mac-fdisk to create the partitons (used Linux_RAID for type).

AFAIK automagic kernel recognition is not implemented on PPC yet, so
you'll have to specify your RAID partitions manually, e.g. :

append="md=0,/dev/sda2,/dev/hda2 md=2,/dev/sda4,/dev/hda4"

in your {quik,yaboot}.conf (this is for / on md0 and swap on md2)

You don't need to specify every RAID partition, though -- root and swap
should be enough if your array is correctly configured.

HTH,
Simon

--
Simon Vallet