Linux md & mac partition scheme

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a software raid array on my Powermac G5 box.

I created two partitions using mac-fdisk and created the md array with mdadm --create /dev/md/0 -l1 -n2 /dev/sda4 /dev/sdb4

The array is accessible, it works fine, but...
After reboot the kernel does not recognize the array automatically.

I want to boot from this (root fs) array, so I can't set it up using a script at boot time.

Two weeks ago I installed Debian on a RAID 1 array using debian installer (had to set it up manually, partman can not create raid partitons), but I can't remember what I exactly have done.

Maybe the kernel does not recognize the raid partitions, because the type is not set correctly.
I used mac-fdisk to create the partitons (used Linux_RAID for type).

When using msdos partition scheme, I can set the partition type to 0xfd and it works fine.
But openfirmware can not access disks with msdos labels. So from where should I load yaboot?

Thanks
Sascha