Re: pbbuttonsd beta on new Powerbook5,8

Hi Ben,

On  20 Jan, this message from Benjamin Herrenschmidt echoed through
cyberspace:
> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:09 +0100, Mich Lanners wrote:
>> However, I have another problem: it seems that pbbuttonsd can't
>> detect activity.
>>
>> While typing, a short while after resuming from sleep, the display is
>> dimmed down to level 1. Another while later, if I don't stop
>> pbbuttonsd in the mean time, it puts the machine to sleep. All this
>> while I'm typing....
>>
>> Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Any fixes available?
>
> I had this problem with some kernels (I think 2.6.14 had the issue)
> and/or udev version problems (check that you have the
> various /dev/input/ entries, events mouse and kbd, I think it was
> missing some of the events devices)

I have serious problems with udev myself; default instal would not
create half of the devices half of the time. I'm now at the point of
disabling udev (append="UDEV_DISABLED=yes"). It still barks on startup
about files it cannot remove because of RO filesystem. Anyway, other
issue.

So I'm back to statuc device files, and I previously had event0 ..
event3. I have created the other ones til 31, and indeed pbbuttonsd
opens them all. But event4 ... event31 all report ENODEV.

I'm running 2.6.15. I might trz more recent, do you know a version that
does compile? I originally tried compiling 2.6.15-git6, but that didn't
compile.

Thanks, and cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |