Re: Need help tracking down serial problem on iBook G4

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 the mental interface of
Matthias Jordan told:

> Hi, folks.
>
> Since I've been running Ubuntu Breezy on my iBook G4 I kept having
> problems booting the kernel - regardless of the kernel version. From
> time to time the kernel just wouldn't start because it hung right
> after the printk from the serial driver. The only solution to this
> was to press the On/Off button for like 5 seconds to turn the
> machine off the hard way. When the issue appeared, the kernel kept
> hanging for a couple of tries to boot it but then again I often
> could boot about 10 times without any problems.

Did you ever tried a nvram reset? Just press
"option apple p r" right after startup and hold it since the gong
repeated 3 times and let Debian boot then ;)

Elimar

--
  Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)