Re: Install mini-iso and kernel available for new AlBook

Hi, Mich.

On Jan 12 2006, Mich Lanners wrote:
> Since I also received my new PowerBook (Powerbook5,8, aka post-October
> 15,2" Aluminum) a few days ago :-), I have been working hard to get
> Debian on it's disk.

Can you tell us how does this machine works? I refrained from ordering
one of these things (they cost quite a lot here) when I first heard the
rumors that the PowerBook would possibly be updated this year (which
actually came true).

Would it be worth to have it? Is it actually a good machine overall? I
see that BenH mentioned that he was going to get (got?) one for himself
and this would mean that, possibly, the chances of getting it working
well with Linux would be higher... :-)

> PS I'm still struggling myself to get everything working, I'll be back
> with more...

Please, do give us more details, as you have them. They are very
welcome.  Any (subjective also ok) word on the performance and the
battery longevity would be great (and the way that the DVD+RW burner
works too).

Thanks, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/