Install mini-iso and kernel available for new AlBook

Hi all,

Since I also received my new PowerBook (Powerbook5,8, aka post-October
15,2" Aluminum)a few days ago :-), I have been working hard to get
Debian on it's disk.

I have built a custom kernel that includes the two patches needed to
support the post-October Powerbooks (namely trackpad updates and fn-key
patch, although that one is still heavily discussed...).

I have also put this kernel on one of Sven's daily-built d-i mini-iso,
the one from January 10. I didn't recreate the mini-iso out of
debian-installer completely, just replaced the kernel (netboot-linux)
and produced a new ISO.

Here are the links:

http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/ftp/debian/albook-mini.iso
http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/ftp/debian/kernel-image-2.6.15-ln2-powerpc_10.00.Custom_powerpc.deb

Since the name of the kernel deb is a bit hard to type by hand from the
installer shell, here is a simpler symlink:

http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/ftp/debian/kernel-albook.deb

Once you have installed most parts of the system, after installing
yaboot BUT BEFORE REBOOTING, you need to go into a shell and download
the kernel deb, and install it (chroot target dpkg -i <deb file>).

Good luck :-)

Michel

PS I'm still struggling myself to get everything working, I'll be back
with more...

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |