Re: [powerpc-floppies] Help Needed : root.img too big (1489688, should be 1474560).

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 11:58:21PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 05:27:59PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > here is a patch against installation-locale, it saves about 35kB in the
> > > udeb by dropping definitions for transliteration.  Since we try hard to
> > > include all glyphs, these definitions are surely useless.

> Thanks Denis for this patch, this should solve the problem for the powerpc
> root floppies, and make them installable again.

> > That is awesome. 35k freed in all our images is a princely gift. I'm
> > going to apply this now.

> Cool, ...

> BTW, i fail to build the powerpc root floppy here, i only get the following
> mklibs error :

> bject: ./tmp/powerpc_floppy_root/tree/driver-tmp/usr/bin/eject
> 457 symbols, 406 unresolved
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/mklibs", line 442, in ?
>     raise "No library provides non-weak " + symbol
> No library provides non-weak SLang_init_tty
> make[3]: *** [stamps/tree-powerpc_floppy_root-stamp] Erreur 1

> Anyone has any hint about this ?

Are other images building?  I just fixed mklibs to cope with a change in
readelf output on alpha; if this error isn't target-specific, there may be a
similar change on powerpc that we need to cope with.  If so, the output of
readelf -s -D -W /lib/libslang.so.2 should be helpful here.