Re: xorg-6.9.0 and nautilus-2.12.2-1

El lun, 09-01-2006 a las 14:45 +0100, Ruben escribió:

> On an iBook G4 1.33Ghz:
> Yesterday, after upgrading to 6.9.0.dfsg.1-2 (and restarting X),
> everything was fine, except the desktop was drawn corrupted, just like
> you say. The desktop was fine initially, but moving windows left
> 'trails', desktop icons were drawn twice on slighlty different
> positions.
> After booting up my laptop this morning, everything seemed fine, no
> trails anymore, but now something is wrong with nautilus: the
> background in a nautilus window shows part of itself, with the icons
> drawn on top of that, the information window on the left suffers from
> the same problem. This is with nautilus 2.10.1-5.

I think is something related to bug #345885, at least what is described
there is _exactly_ what happens to me, only that the solution suggested
at the end: (Option	"AccelMethod" "EXA") does not work for me :(

> Ruben
>
> ps: I assume you are using Gnome 1.12?  How did you install this.. by
> temporarily giving high priority (in /etc/apt/preferences) to the
> experimental archive for installing Gnome?  That's the only way I can
> think of, but it seems far from ideal.  Or is there a way to force
> pulling dependencies from experimental when doing apt-get
> gnome/experimental?

Yes I use gnome-2.12.x since it was in experimental, now it's (or
almost) in unstable.

A. Corbi