Re: xorg-6.9.0 and nautilus-2.12.2-1

At Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:00:56 +0100, Antonio-M. Corbi Bellot wrote:

> Hi list:
>
> Just upgraded my pbook with a nvidia card to xorg-6.9.0 and everything
> seems to work ok except nautilus (my version is 2.12.2-1), the desktop
> is drawn corrupted, every other application works ok.
>
> I've isolated the problem and if I downgrade _only_ xserver-xorg to
> 6.8.2 nautilus works ok.
>
> Anyone is experimenting this behaviour?

On an iBook G4 1.33Ghz:
Yesterday, after upgrading to 6.9.0.dfsg.1-2 (and restarting X),
everything was fine, except the desktop was drawn corrupted, just like
you say. The desktop was fine initially, but moving windows left
'trails', desktop icons were drawn twice on slighlty different
positions.
After booting up my laptop this morning, everything seemed fine, no
trails anymore, but now something is wrong with nautilus: the
background in a nautilus window shows part of itself, with the icons
drawn on top of that, the information window on the left suffers from
the same problem. This is with nautilus 2.10.1-5.

Ruben

ps: I assume you are using Gnome 1.12?  How did you install this.. by
temporarily giving high priority (in /etc/apt/preferences) to the
experimental archive for installing Gnome?  That's the only way I can
think of, but it seems far from ideal.  Or is there a way to force
pulling dependencies from experimental when doing apt-get
gnome/experimental?