Re: fd -superformat

Hi there...

On Jan 09 2006, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, if you can make it work and provide a patch, why not ?

I don't know if this still is the case, but this talk about superformat
and floppies brought to my memory the fact that mtools didn't work with
the swim3 driver in recent 2.6 kernels (that controller is used in the
PowerMac that I have here).

The last time I tried using it here was during the 2.6.11 era and things
must have changed quite a bit since then...

I remember that Vinai sent me a patch, but I didn't have the chance to
give it a try. I remember he saying that it wasn't SMP safe, but that it
solved his problems.

I will re-check the situation and report back with what I see in current
kernels.

Regards, Rogério.

P.S.: I will also test the state of mol, as soon as I get some spare time.
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/