Re: xorg-6.9.0

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 08:58:53PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 the mental interface of
> Sven Luther told:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 03:03:08PM +0100, Bin Zhang wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I don't have this problem. I am using a vanilla kernel 2.6.15 + xdm + fvwm.
> > >
> > > I have a ibook :
> > > $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> > > processor       : 0
> > > cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
> > > clock           : 599MHz
> > > revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
> > > bogomips        : 598.01
> > > machine         : PowerBook6,5
> > > motherboard     : PowerBook6,5 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
> > > detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
> > > pmac flags      : 0000001b
> > > L2 cache        : 512K unified
> > > memory          : 512MB
> > > pmac-generation : NewWorld
> >
> > You probably have no r300 family of graphic chips on that machine though.
>
> Please read careful, the above is Bin's machine. As I mentioned
> before, the symptoms are on a PowerBook5,6 with an ATI Technologies
> Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] which should work with r300.
> But anyway with or without DRI: Xorg 6.9.0 definitely freezes my
> powerbook.

Sure, but Bin Zhang says he doesn't have this problem, but has he has a R200
family graphic chip only, it is not really all that conclusive, since your
problem is probably with the r300 driver.

Do you know if it still freezes if you disable accel, and where you able to
see if the drm module is loaded even though dri is not used, since the drm
module is used for 2d accel too.

Also, debian-x, and/or a bug report against the X packages is probably a
better way to handling this than posting (only) to debian-powerpc.

Friendly,

Sven Luther