Re: swsusp2, kernel 2.6.14 and iBook (mid-2005)

Since the was no real advantage for me in using swsusp2, and I don't want
to be dependent of the available patches, I also use the vanilla swsusp now.

Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> It works great, except, that after a resume, the windows of Xorg/KDE
> do not look great at all and would need a refresh. They look again
> great once I've moved them a bit, but the wallpaper covering the
> desktop still does not appear. Any ideas ?

I don't have this problem here. You can have a look at my config files
here: http://cmr.forestfactory.de/ibook/linux/ibook_linux.html

But I have another problem here with the Trackpad. Sometimes after waking
up from suspend-to-ram and everytime after resume from suspend-to-disk
(tried it with swsusp and swsusp2) the following happens: The Trackpad
moves more slowly than normally and Tapping switches between windows, but
does not start programs if I click on an icon in KDE. Actually I have
tapping switched off. Also the mousebutton does not work in the
KDE-startmenu, so I have to press the return-key for starting programs.
All in all a very weird behaviour.

There is no difference if I set SwitchToTextMode in
/etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf to yes or no. What helps
is restarting X.

The Trackpad uses the synaptics X11-driver. Tried kernel 2.6.15-rc7 with
swsusp2-2.2-rc15 patch and a vanilla kernel 2.6.15. pbbuttonsd is 0.7.3
and the synaptics driver is 0.14.4.

Is there maybe any way to "restart" the synaptics X11-driver? Does anybody
with the same iBook not have this problem?

cu, Magnum

--
Carl Magnus Rosenbaum M.A.                          Tel: 089 - 700 666 26
Administration - Programmierung - Weiterbildung     Fax: 089 - 700 666 86