Re: mkvmlinux installation problem

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:18:03PM +0100, Jaonary Rabarisoa wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've done an apt-get updata and apt-get upgrade last night. I use the
> unstable branch of debian on a powerbook 15", 1.25 Ghz. The update
> process gone well but during upgrage the system hang when installing
> the new kernel version (2.6.14-7) and mkvmlinux 18. It stay on GET
> mkvmlinux. I tryed to let the processing run but after an hour, it
> still in GET mkvmlinux state.

This should be fixed in 2.6.14-7 already, i don't know why this is not, but
anyway, there is no 2.6.14-7 kernel in the archive, and this is definitively
fixed in 2.6.15-1, so you can simply abort your stuff, erase
/etc/kernel/*/mkvmlinuz, (or coment the three debconf lines and add
bootloader=yaboot in place), then upgrade to 2.6.15-1, and reinstall
mkvmlinuz.

Friendly,

Sven Luther