Re: powerbook 12 freezes on "MMU:EXIT, setup"

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 09:51:18PM +0100, Triverio M. wrote:
> Thank you everybody.
> Unfortunately it is not fixed in 2.6.14: do you know wheter 2.6.15 is
> included in Debian Testing (etch) at the present time?

It is in experimental and i just uploaded it yesterday and it is currently in
NEW. That said, once it escapes NEW, it will install flawlessy on your etch
system, altough you need version 18 of mkvmlinuz (currently in unstable only).

But installing experimental or unstable kernels is non-intrusive, i run all my
sarge systems with the latest unstable built kernels, and have no major
trouble with it, which is why i didn't provide a backport for more recent than
2.6.12 kernels.

> What will I "lose" disabling nvidiafb?

Some powermanagement, and the ability to resize the console with fbset.

> Do I have to recompile the kernel to disable it? (hope this does not
> sound too stupid)

video=nvidiafb:off or video=ofonly should respond to that, not sure.

Friendly,

Sven Luther