Re: ATI and Cinema 30" ... dual link seems not to work

Hi,

I'll just answere myself ... for others to find this :)

Am Freitag, den 29.12.2006, 05:50 +0100 schrieb Michael Flaig:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone got a 30" Cinema Display to work with an ATI Card?

Well ... still doesn't work properly but getting closer.

> Option ForceMonitors "tmds2i" should enable dual link support, but it
> seems not to work.

The Option does active dual head. Just the timings are (still)
incorrect. I got a picture, but with a lot of artifacts with a new
modeline calculated for 2560x1600 at exactly 60Hz. So this is odd.

> Xorg seems to be running.but the Cinema Display is flashing the led 3
> times... Does anyone at least know what this means?

It means "out of scan range" afaik now ...

Documentation on my progress can be found here:
https://secure.netzblock.org/helpdesk/macpro/wiki/CinemaDisplayDocumentation

Anyone got a clue where Apple documented correct timing for the cinema?
Or does anyone know how to extract this information, maybe from running
macosx?

Thanks and good night!

Michael