Migrating from iMac/powerpc to iMac/intel

Hi,

I just wrote to debian-users because I need to move a whole debian box from a powerpc iMac to an intel pc. The problem is that there seems to be platform specific files in use and that means that simply reinstalling packages and copying /etc will not be enough.

I write here because I think I share the same problem with users migrating from iMac/powerpc to iMac/intel (I don't know if Debian can be installed on those already).

Any ideas on how to migrate? Is there some sort of a howto? Maybe we could build (or maybe it already exists) a list of debian packages needing to have their data exported/imported when migrating platforms.

Eduardo.