Re: Who is actively porting the Debian architectures?

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 08:52:31PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 11:20:50AM +0100, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/powerpcEtchReleaseRecertification lists the following
> > people for powerpc (Bastian is missing there):
> >
> > Roger Leigh
> > Alexander Wirt
> > Sven Luther
> > Michel Daenzer
> > Colin Watson
> > Mark Brown
> > Holger Levsen
> >
> > Given the rumors powerpc would be dead, I suggest to name them all :)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to recommend that only persons who do volunteer to be
> reactive would be listed here.
>
> I had some difficulties in the past to rebuild a package on powerpc, and
> lost an incredible amount of time for a similar task on s390, wich
> seems to be a zombie port.

The right thing to do in this case is to file an RC bug against said package.

> Getting the email-adress of a person to contact when the mail-list does
> not react would be very useful.

For such problems, the right thing to do is to file a bug in the BTS. We need
to use a given tag-thingy to collect all those powerpc related bug report, and
keep a good eye on them. Anyone familiar with the bug-tag thingy ? Maybe we
can use this list email address as bug marker ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther