Re: Kernel patch to switch ctrl <-> caps_lock

Hi intrigeri,

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 11:27 +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> on my powerbook g4 (6,2), the mainline kernel does not allow to switch
> the ctrl and caps_lock keys, due to weird up/down key management.
>
> In order to workaround this issue, I've been using for ages a kernel
> patch that was published on this list two years ago
>[...]
> sometimes the kernel
> behaves as if the caps lock key (remapped to CTRL with xmodmap) was
> kept down, even if I already released it. The only way to force it to
> recognize it has been released is to press this key again.

I also adapted[1] that patch[2], which seems to still be in apm's
kernels. I experience the same problems, though, on a 2.6.17 kernel.
Someone should sit down and look at the problem, eh. If this bug were
fixed, we could get the patch in upstream.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/12/msg00214.html
[2] http://www.xmission.com/~fugalh/capslock/

Regards,

Andy.