Kernel patch to switch ctrl <-> caps_lock

Hello,

on my powerbook g4 (6,2), the mainline kernel does not allow to switch
the ctrl and caps_lock keys, due to weird up/down key management.

In order to workaround this issue, I've been using for ages a kernel
patch that was published on this list two years ago [1], adapted it
for 2.6.15 [2], and for 2.6.19.1 [3].

But at some time it stopped working correctly : sometimes the kernel
behaves as if the caps lock key (remapped to CTRL with xmodmap) was
kept down, even if I already released it. The only way to force it to
recognize it has been released is to press this key again.

Not having had access to this box for months, I don't know exactly
when this new issue appeared, but I'm almost sure this patch worked
nicely with pre-2.6.18 kernels.

Any clue or alternative patch ?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/11/msg00444.html
[2] http://intrigeri.boum.org/misc/caps_lock-2.6.15.diff