Re: miboot-floppies (powerpc oldworld) for sarge

Citando Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org>:

> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Friday 15 December 2006 15:32, you wrote:
>>    As I said,
>
> you didn't (until now) ;)

Sorry, you probably didn't read my very fisrt mail, that exposed the problem...

>>    the computer just spits out the disks,
>
> you tried the 2.4 and 2.6 ones?

Well...good point! I tried the 2.6 again with another disk and nada...then I tried the 2.4 with the same disk and tadaaa! I'm installing the basic system now. If anything goes wrong I'll let you know, but I believe it'll be okay. As soon as it finishes I'm updating the kernel to the 2.6 and setting up my server.

> Which oldworld machine do you have?

It's a Power Macintosh 8500/150, with 300 and something of RAM and 250MHz, I think...don't remember now. It was upgraded a long time ago, it's not the original assembly.

Thank you very much for your help! You solved a week of headache! lol

Cheers!
Lucas Rossi