Re: linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6_1.24_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 01:53:01PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > I would be very interested to learn why the upload was rejected. AFAIK, a
> > > reason must be given.
> > The only reason was :
> >   reject as requested by debian-boot
>
> As I said to you the day before you sent that mail, the reason for the
> reject was that it was an NMU that didn't follow the NMU procedure of
> posting a patch to the BTS before uploading.

This supposes that i am not the powerpc d-i lead porter. This would be fine
with me, *IF* the d-i team had found someone to take that work since march. As
you see in the thread starting in :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01198.html

They where quick to outcast me, and find someone else to replace me. In all
those months since march (around 8 months now), they failed to find someone to
do the work, and i was always drawn into this again by another failure (The
CDs where broken for a few weeks at end of april, while i had no interaction
with debian or d-i for a whole month, then it the daily builds broke during
june or something such, nobody was working on the bug reports, etc).

And we won't even speak about the abject way Frans has used to push me in the
"i resign as lead porter" mail in march, which, and now i re-iterate it, is a
behaviour which fully lacks any kind of basic human decency. And if you don't
like it, please give me arguments against it, you will see you will have a
very very hard time justifying it.

As thus, i dispute the right of Frans to outcast me, and to deny me my
rightful position as d-i lead powerpc porter. I do the work, as can be amply
seen in :

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FransPopAndOthersVs.SvenLutherIssue/SvenLuther#head-69bb71fe3ef5766e46624ff746cd888a4591a6c6

So the least i can expect, is to be aknowledged for it. The same way, i
probably am the lead debian powerpc porter, but still am not listed in the
organisation as powerpc porter, despite me repeteadly asking for it, and you
pointing it out and promising it would be done.

> The NMU procedure is not onerous, and claiming that you're "really"
> the maintainer doesn't excuse you from it.

So, i have no right to upload packages i am responsible for ? This whole issue
is not one of technical stuff, but one of power manipulation. And i tried to
play the game imposed by you, despite his inerent injustice, while the other
side did not, and now , 8 month after it, we are still in the same mess.

This is *YOUR* failure, and trying to stop replying to my emails and ignore
the issue for weeks without end doesn't excuse you for it. Nor does it serve
debian, and in that, you have failed Debian and your DPL mandate as well.

Friendly,

Sven Luther