Re: linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6_1.24_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 05:48:55PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:03:41AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Hi fellow debian-powerpc users,
> > > Once more, some influent folk in the debian-boot team, who didn't even want to
> > > be named, is trying to stop me from working on powerpc d-i.
> > > Frans requested uploads of 2.6.18-3 .udeb packages, and so i did it, but the
> > > package was rejected.
> > I would be very interested to learn why the upload was rejected. AFAIK, a
> > reason must be given.
> The only reason was :
>   reject as requested by debian-boot

As I said to you the day before you sent that mail, the reason for the
reject was that it was an NMU that didn't follow the NMU procedure of
posting a patch to the BTS before uploading.

The NMU procedure is not onerous, and claiming that you're "really"
the maintainer doesn't excuse you from it.

Cheers,
aj