Re: ftp.debian.org: Please remove numactl for alpha/powerpc from unstable

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 03:47:25PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Ugh ? Is there a replacement ? numactl is useful on 64 bits powerpc
> machines. Or is numactl itself being replaced by something else ?

The latest libnuma depends on, in particular, the migrate_pages system
call, which isn't wired up for power/ppc (at least in 2.6.18).  Since
that call went in a long time ago by kernel standards and nobody did
this yet, I figured nobody was testing/using it.

Originally libnuma had a hard-coded syscall number for power, but that
hardcoded number has been replaced in the kernel by something totally
unrelated.  Thus I removed it because at this point, it's just wrong.

-i