Re: Is Krita still affected by bug #367059
- To: Yannick Roehlly <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Is Krita still affected by bug #367059
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:30:11 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 13:31 +0200, Yannick Roehlly wrote:
> Yannick Roehlly wrote:
> > Once, Krita suffered from an endianess bug that affected the color
> > display: in the Debian BTS it's #367059 . This bug is supposed to have
> > been fixed in the 1.5.2-1 release of Koffice.
> > But on my ibook, I have still the problem even with the last 1.6.0
> > release. What about you?
> Well, in fact the problem occurs when Krita is asked to use OpenGL. Does
> anyone have an idea on how to determine if it's a Krita problem or a
> Xorg/Mesa one?
Basically, its use of OpenGL would need to be audited carefully, in
particular whether the colour format/type combinations and data it uses
match according to the GL(X) specs.
It's more likely a problem in Krita (or an intermediate library it uses
for OpenGL) than in Mesa though.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer