Re: sarge to etch PPC problem

On 10/23/06, Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
Le Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 03:51:32AM +0200, sputnick a écrit :
> This upgrade loose my specials keys like:
> ~ \ ` ] [ } { (c) €

Bonjour Sputnick,

Apparently, somebody had satisfying results using

       Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
       Option          "XkbModel"      "ibook"
       Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr"
       Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:lwin_switch"

This config is for xkb-data >= 0.8.13 (not in etch).
Two solutions :
- Using xkb-data from etch and your fr_new
- Installing xkb-data from unstable and configuring all in xorg.conf
(do not need fr_new)
With xorg, the file fr is in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh_vndr/

Best regards,

I found this on the archives of the mail list. I am sure that there is more
information in other messages as well.

Bon courage !

Charles Plessy
Wako, Saitama, Japan