Re: No sound with new kernel on old PowerBook G4

Hi,

On 2006-09-29 12:41:17 +0300, Emmanuel Galatoulas wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >Now, after using alsa-utils, "-d esd" no longer works with the
> >2.6.17 kernel. But it still works with the old 2.6.12 kernel I
> >had compiled myself.

> I have exactly the same problem (even with the latest 2.6.18 kernel)!
> have you found any remedy for this???

Rerunning alsaconf solved my problem. You can look at:

(which also says that alsaconf is now useless).

So, now "-d oss" is working very well. "-d esd" is working, but I
may need to launch the command twice if it fails the first time (the
auto_spawn option seems to be buggy: the command fails before the
ESD daemon could be spawn). ALSA (without OSS emulation) still
doesn't work, and I don't know why.